Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Black Parade


Ok, with only about a week left until it's release, I thought I'd post My Chemical Romance's new release, The Black Parade, just 'cause I'm looking forward to it very much. You don't have to listen to it...considering I think most of you already have listened to their new single, "Welcome to the Black Parade." This album is also a concept record, telling of the story of 'The Patient', the character the album is portraying. He dies tragically young due to some disease, possibly cancer. If you're expecting the same ol' pop-punk music you've heard from MCR in the past, how very wrong you are. The band realized they had to get rid of most the "plain punk songs" because some different songs, such as "Momma," and "Cancer," were too deep, that those plain punk songs just didn't fit anymore. Also, the band in an interview states "...the last album was about anger, and violence, and dealing with things in an angst way, where as this album is more about getting through that, and to stop being upset...", Gerard Way states. Anyway, this album is one of the most anticipated alternative albums of 2006, so everybody's excited about this one.
Songs I am personally looking forward to buying: "Dead!" "Cancer," "House of Wolves," "Momma," Sleep," "Teenagers," and of course every other song.

So I'm not really expecting you to like this much, or even listen to it, but I just wanted to share with you how excited about it I am. Haha, thank you for reading this...if you actually did.

3 comments:

shannon said...

hahaha i read the bottom of it!!!!

Ricky said...

But not the rest? Darn you. But whatever.

amanda said...

I read it. Um... yea. I don't really like... I dunno. It doesn't effect me much. cuz like, I don't really listen to MCR. And for the record, I don't HATE MCR. I just don't think they're anything special. So yea, no love no hate to MCR. I guess they're alright ya know. I kinda like the song "The Black Parade." Haha yea yea I know I know. Big suprise. But yea...