Saturday, October 14, 2006

Congrats to Rick.

Not one-hundred-percent sure about this, but when I first met you, Richard Edward McGillicutty Samuelson Davis Cummings the Fifteenth, it seemed to me that you had nothing to do with Christian-related (read: post-contemporary) music. Hasn't all that changed? Underoath, Norma Jean, Showbread, and most importantly mewithoutYou -- they've all grown on you. It's all sudden for me, as it seems like I've had my first semi-conversion. No, I haven't quite exposed to you what, for say, indie precisely is; nonetheless, I feel proud. Amanda should too: She's introduced you to other hardcore bands that have much more positive messages than -- oh, I dunno... -- Green Day (bear with me, okay?). Props, girl.

You have a long ways to go, my comrade. But in the end -- when you just cannot get enough of Neutral Milk Hotel, Danielson, Five Iron Frenzy, Joy Electric, sf59, and the like, and begin referring MCR and Thursday as "wannabe/never-will-be" -- this mission will be accomplished.

Plus, we could have our own inside jokes, just like Strong Bad and The Cheat (e.g. jumbo/LARGE).

9 comments:

amanda said...

WHOA YEA!!!! WOOO!!!! *CLAPS* *WHISTLES*

Ricky said...

Um, for the record, I don't think I will ever give up on Thursday or MCR or any of those bands that you consider "wannabes." I love those bands as much as you love FIF and Neutral Milk Hotel and etc. However, I do appreciate the fact that you have introduced me to such bands as P86 and mwY and so forth. And though I may have introduced you to only a few bands, such as, maybe Thrice, I hope that I can also introduce you to other acts as well, that you may not "appreciate" just yet.

Ricky said...

Oh, and to name ALL the Christian bands that have grown on me since I met Matt and Amanda:
-Anberlin*
-Classic Crime*
-Dead Poetic*
-Destroy the Runner**
-Emery*
-Far-Less*
-FM Static*
-Haste the Day**
-mewithoutYou*
-Norma Jean**
-Showbread**
-Spoken*
-Starflyer 59*
-Terminal**
-Underoath**

*represents bands Matt has introduced me to.
**represents bands Amanda has introduced me to.

amanda said...

WEEEEE!!!!!!!! I feel useful! I still have a CD case full of good almost all Christian CDs, so if you ever need something new just gimme a holler! But a lot of it is, hardcore, and you may not like it. Soooo, bye bye.

Ricky said...

Oh, oh, oh! Um, I still have your Norma Jean CD, but what CDs do you have? Hehe, sorry.

Ricky said...

*sigh* I need to make ANOTHER new post...but I got nothing, mainly 'cause I haven't listened to any new music in a while, with the exception of The Black Parade. Oh yeah! I got the new Killers' CD, Sam's Town, but I already posted on that...dang it.

Ricky said...

Oh, and I have one more thing to tell you, Sir Matthew: If MCR and Thursday and etc. are "wannabes/never-will-be's," then how come they're so successful? Even though this horrible mainstream music world we live in today may be dominated by "posers/wannabes"(Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, etc.), that does NOT mean that Thursday and MCR are one of them. First of all, Thursday aren't even all that mainstream; rather, all though they are becoming a little more popular then they used to be, the aren't nearly as famous as Fall Out boy and the like. Second of all: YOU'RE the one who wrote in my review of the Thursday CD "With all the masquerading around playing pop-"punk", it seems real emo has been tossed to the wayside...thankfully Thursday has laid some groundwork for future emo releases to come." Ok, I think I'm done for now...

Ricky said...

And when I said with all the masquerading around, I forgot the word 'bands'. With all the BANDS masquerading...yeah.

Ricky said...

Too bad no one's gonna read those comments...