Monday, October 23, 2006

Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd, which is one of the greatest and most respected artists of all time, wrote what is arguably, the best album of all time, titled Dark Side of the Moon. Released in the early '70's, Dark Side is still being purchased frequently(in the past few days, it's sold more copies than Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Arcadium, which came out earlier this year). And Dark Side is not the only album of their's which merits five stars. The Wall, one of music's best rock operas(if not THE best), tells the story of a rock star named Pink(go figure), who finds himself trapped by an emotional wall(get it?), and as more drama adds to his life, the bigger the wall gets. Pink Floyd has their share of #1 hits too. "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2," being the biggest, and also "Comfortably Numb," and "Wish You Were Here," are also up there. So I guess that's all I have to say...
Recommended listens: "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2," "Comfortably Numb," "Money," and "Wish You Were Here." Enjoy...

11 comments:

amanda said...

Cool cool. If you ever get it let me know how you like it and all the details and WHUTNAWT!

Ricky said...

Well, I'll probably get it eventually, The Wall that is, because I've heard some of it and it really is awesome and I like the fact that it's an opera. And yeah...

Ricky said...

Ok, so last night I FINALLY BOUGHT The Black Parade!!!!!!!! Along with Straight Outta Lynwood, and then this morning I bought "Another Brick the Wall, Pt. 2," by Pink Floyd, and "Perfect Situation," by Weezer. Cool, huh?

amanda said...

surrrrrrrrrrre....

Ricky said...

Amanda's just jealous that she didn't get a $25 iTunes card. She envys the fact that I have The Black Parade and Straight Outta Lynwood and she doesn't. And she wishes she had a 30 gig video iPod so her's wouldn't fill up. I'm just kidding, how is that iPod issue, anyway?

amanda said...

Oh yea sure, I'm soooo jealous that you got MCR's new album! Pft! Haha, about the iPod. Right now I'm just mad. BUT my birthday is next month! Birthdays=presents. Ya know what I'm sayin!

Ricky said...

Yes, I know what you're saying, Amanda, I'm not buying you an iPod for your birthday.

amanda said...

No, not YOU! I have parents ya know!

Ricky said...

Yeah well...I want it to be Christmas now so that I CAN GET PRESENTS AND HAVE FUN WITH FAMILY AND SO THAT I CAN GO TO MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!

Ricky said...

...if (+44) is the best band in the world...I'm guessing you think Blink-182 is the best? Or Disturbed? Or SOAD? or Korn? I don't know...but I guess that's what I'll do...seeing as I'm the only one who posts anyway.

shannon said...

if i knew who they were i would post something...