Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dookie | Green Day


I was looking at the alternative page on iTunes the other day and it had a section that said "Must-have alternative albums." So I looked through it and I saw Nevermind, by Nirvana, one old Foo Fighters CD, but then sure enough, there was this album. A must-have album. And I can't agree more. I bought this album back in December and fell in love with it immediately. Catchy riffs, fast-paced drumbeats, and, you guys won't believe it, no really bad cussing! Ok, there's some mild language, but nothing like American Idiot. If you guys still don't believe it's all that great, look to the Grammys, yeah, Dookie won a grammy in '94 for best alternative album of the year. So yeah. I'm just gonna ask that you guys check out one of the songs I list below. Just one! Listen to the whole thing and I'll let you off the hook! Anyway.
Recommendations due to their biggest hits on this album: "Burnout," "Longview," "Welcome to Paradise," "Basket Case," "She," "When I Come Around," and "F.O.D." Also, if you like this album, you may wanna check out some of Green Day's other albums, including Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, and American Idiot. And! If you like those albums, which may be a stretch, you could check out From Under the Cork Tree, by Fall Out Boy, Nevermind, by Nirvana, In Your Honor, by Foo Fighters, and Move Along, by The All-American Rejects. Sorry for makin' you guys read all this, but Enjoy.

12 comments:

amanda said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA DOOKIE!!!

Ricky said...

Yep, stupid Green Day. Just kidding, I like Green Day. Old Green Day is so much better than new Green Day in my opinion, so if you don't like new Green Day, you might like old Green Day.

amanda said...

So where do I actually listen to the music?

shannon said...

nnoooooo thank you!!!

Ricky said...

C'mon Shannon, just one listen!!!! The songs aren't even all that long!!!! As for where to find the music, I'm gonna look for places to listen.

Ricky said...

Okay, I found a link where you can listen to one of the songs on Dookie. But the only one is "Basket Case," so only listen to that one, it's the second song.

shannon said...

ok after listening to them i still say noooo thank you!
i dont like green day. never have, never will.

amanda said...

Like I said, boring. Sounds like every other pop punk band that exists.

amanda said...

WHOA DUDE!! Did you guys know that Haste the Day's song "Long Way Down" is a Goo Goo Doll's cover?!?!?!??!?! I DID NOT KNOW THAT!!! WEEEEEIIRD!!!! Whatever.

Ricky said...

How do you know it's a cover and not just a different song w/ same title!?!?!?

amanda said...

Cuz they said so on their website AND the songs are like... the same!!!! Haha.

Ricky said...

Hey, Shannon, if you like the Anberlin CD, check out the songs "Stare At the Sun," and "The Artist in the Ambulance," by Thrice. I think you would like those two songs. Just a recommendation.